AFP Canada New Horizons Task Force
December 8, 2014
In October the announcement of the AFP Canada New Horizons Task Force was shared with you. The Task Force has been formed and has developed a work plan and timeline as it works towards creating its final recommendations.
The Canada New Horizons Task Force is exploring the current model of AFP in Canada and the structure of the AFP Canadian Council, AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada and the AFP Canadian Government Relations Committee. The task force will make recommendations for the optimal structure needed to enhance the future success of fundraising and impact on philanthropy by the fundraising profession in Canada.
Phase One-Research and Visioning (Dec-Feb)
- A communications plan to chapter leaders, international leaders, members and other key individuals will be developed.
- Conduct a cost analysis of revenue and expenses that AFP current incurs for our Canadian membership.
- Gather historical documents and develop a context paper.
- Hold a one-day facilitated Retreat on February 2, 2015 in Toronto, ON
Phase Two – Consultation and Feedback (Feb- April)
- Conduct personal interviews and focus groups with key leaders.
- Interview chapter presidents and boards.
- Analyze identified options under consideration against financial, legal and programmatic pillars.
Phase Three – Report and Recommendations (May-July)
- Finalize a milestone report summarizing all feedback and analysis.
- Post report on the AFP Canada website and open to comments.
- Discuss report at the Canadian Leadership Retreat in Regina, SK on July 24-26, 2015.
Phase Four – Finalize and Present to Board (Aug-Oct)
- Prepare final report and recommendations and present to the international board on October 25, 2015.
The Chair of the Task Force is Denis Lalonde, MS. Other members of the Task Force include Leah Eustace, ACFRE, Derek Fraser, CFRE, Marnie Hill, CFRE, Andrea McManus, CFRE, Krishan Mehta, Nicholas Offord, Bob Carter, CFRE, Patrick Feeley, CFRE and Andrew Watt, FInstF.
The context paper will be sent to all AFP members in Canada by the end of the year. If you have any questions, please direct them to Lori Gusdorf, vice president of membership and chapter services at firstname.lastname@example.org.