Call for Participants: Focus Group and Survey on Special Events
January 21, 2014
Should your organization invest in a special event? What steps are necessary to plan, execute and evaluate an event? What follow-up steps might be most effective to maximize return on investment in an event?
If you have experience with events, you can help your colleagues who are contemplating these questions by helping AFP develop an online survey on special events.
AFP focus groups will be held in January and February to determine questions to be asked on a special events survey. Questions will include:
- What event information sources are the most helpful in planning your events?
- What event information would you like to have that is not currently available? What format would be most helpful for receiving this information?
- What are the three worst problems you’ve encountered in event planning/execution?
- What are the three best practices you’ve developed to plan/execute events?
- What benchmarking information would be helpful to you in event planning? (What questions should be asked on the annual survey?)
- How are you are employing technology to modernize your approach to fundraising events? What systems or platforms are you currently utilizing? What is your knowledge level of the technologies that exist to improve all aspects of the event planning, event-going experience and event follow up? Are you interested in learning more?
- How comfortable are you with ticketing and pricing? Do you feel you are maximizing ROI in your ticket pricing strategy?
If you would like to participate in the focus groups and/or the survey, please contact Cathlene Williams, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project has been made possible in part by a grant from the StubHub Foundation, an advised fund of Silicon Valley Community Foundation.