Fund DeveloperCompany: Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children
Date Posted: February 20, 2018
Primary Role: The Fund Developer position is responsible for creating, planning, and implementing a comprehensive fund-raising program on behalf of the Association.
Position Status: Contract Position
Report To: Executive Director in cooperation with the Chair of the Philanthropic Council
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, nonprofit or public administration or related field required, Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of three years hands on related experience, in fund development including knowledge of annual and planned giving, foundation/corporate solicitations, communications and special events.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, strong organizational capabilities, independently well-disciplined and driven to meet goals and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of planning & marketing strategies in direct to customer and social media.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing and/or unexpected circumstances.
- Develop and implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns, social media programs and/or direct mail programs plans that maximize participation and contributions.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals and corporate donors.
- Create and update donor databases.
- Compile and develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
- Write reports, prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
- Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions, or goals of organizations seeking funds.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
Fundraising Consultant Position Metrics:
- Donor Growth: Prospects in Portfolio: 100 Total (Based on Contract)
- Number of Personal Visits Per Year: 75 (5 to 6 per month)
- Conversion Rate: 20% coversion of those contacted becoming donors annually
- Gifts Secured:
- Major Giving
- Planned Giving
- Annual Fund Donations
- Monthly Donations
- Number of Solicitations Per Year: 30 total
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
To apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children is an equal opportunity employer. Indiana AEYC is committed to the practice of fair employment, compensation and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, age, status as a veteran or any other category protected by Federal, State and local laws.