Director of Mission AdvancementCompany: St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Center at Purdue University
Date Posted: January 23, 2018
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Center at Purdue
TITLE: Director of Mission Advancement
REPORTS TO: Pastor
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Center at Purdue University is seeking a Director of Mission Advancement that will be responsible for fundraising activities to generate significant financial support from parishioners, alumni, parents, and friends. Working with senior leadership, faculty, staff and volunteers, the director will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospective benefactors for St. Tom’s highest priorities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following tasks and assignments.
1. Provide leadership for St. Tom’s Future in Faith capital campaign.
2. Initiate, direct, and implement a comprehensive major gift fundraising program including gifts from individuals and foundations.
3. Develop, direct, and coordinate a comprehensive stewardship program to keep donors and prospective donors informed and involved, including bi-annual newsletters and other appropriate vehicles.
4. Ensure proper records are maintained for each donor.
5. Prepare and present development reports for internal and external use.
6. Update the Pastor regularly regarding individual major prospects and activities.
7. Oversee the Fruitful Harvest Collection, including any special project campaigns.
8. Regularly attend meetings and serve on committees as assigned.
9. Personal spiritual enrichment on a regular basis is recommended.
10. Participate in annual budget preparations.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrative Director and/or Pastor.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to think/plan strategically.
3. Three to five years successful fundraising or sales experience desired.
4. Enthusiasm for fundraising in a university and/or parish setting.
5. Demonstrated record of significant professional success in fundraising or sales
6. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
7. High energy, drive, integrity, sincerity.
8. Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
9. Ability to work efficiently on multiple assignments involving staff, faculty, volunteers and donors.
10. Desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising organization.
11. Must be able to perform tasks on own initiative.
12. Willingness to travel and work occasional weekends.
13. Good physical and mental health.
14. Practicing Roman Catholic is preferred.
It is the Pastor’s sincere wish that the ministerial staff attend one of the weekend liturgies to avail themselves of the parishioners’ input as well as to be seen as a vital presence in the worship community. Attendance and support for Mass on the Grass is required.
Interested candidates should contact Gabe Vitale, current Director of Mission Advancement, at email@example.com.